Wednesday 24 December 2008

Trouble in 3's

A few technical difficulties this week, first my wife's car started leaking coolant - £200 later and the water pump was replaced. Then the kitchen door locking system jammed, so we couldn't lock the door - callout needed for a locksmith, and then yesterday the internet router seemed to give up the ghost. I was almost at the point of buying another one (and I couldn't check for solutions online as no connection).. when I remembered I had changed the channel on our wireless video link from downstairs to upstairs. Switched that off, reset the router, and after punching in all of the passwords (that I had lost), we had internet again.

Since I am off work, I have been able to do some stretching during morning, afternoon and evening. After some warm up, I am now able to just touch my toes - which feels an incredible achievement. However, what is better from all of this, is that I feel a little more flexible - just a different feeling when I am bending to pick things up - or to put clothes on - a stronger feeling in my back. So maybe in doing this challenge..I have been gradually building up the muscle strength and flexibility - I had thought it was my hamstrings as the biggest issue..and they are still tight tight tight... so I constantly have to think about that.

However I must say that setting some form of challenge, or affirmation - however small it is, does make a big help in achieving things. I have done this in the past.. and perhaps I need to do this more with some of my other personal life problems.

No comments: