Friday 12 December 2008

Progress on the toes challenge

So after setting my target, I have roughly 2 weeks to go to make it.

I had a business trip on Monday, which meant an overnight stay - so I spent quite some time watching the tv in the hotel bedroom - whilst trying to stretch my hamstrings and back muscles. It does take some time to get the muscles warmed up, but I was gradually making progress. However one set of muscles I hadn't thought about was stomach, as I gradually got further bent over.. it was my stomach muscles that started to cramp and become painful. Maybe this is further progress.

However in the morning, I still feel pretty stiff and the prospect of touching my toes seems far away, roughly 6inches of reach is missing on a cold start. But gradually during the week, my muscles start to feel a bit looser.. and I try as much as I can to stretch the hamstring muscles before I go to bed.. however I am concerned that 2 weeks won't be enough unless I try a bit harder.

No comments: