Monday 5 May 2008

Sciatica - First Visit to GP Doctor

The pain seem to be at it's height after driving, to the point of not being able to actually get out of a car after driving for more than 20 minutes. I had changed my car from an Audi A4 to a rental car, Ford Mondeo. The Ford Mondeo was brand new and I didn't suspect anything from changing cars. However it became so painful I was glad when the car was returned. The pain seemed to be less when I drove my wifes Ford Focus, the seats seemed more supportive.

So after struggling along for more than a month with lower back pain, and pain in the leg I made an appointment with the GP. I had been taking pain killers, but without any effect at all. The pain killers simply didn't make any impact to the intense pain.

After a brief discussion, the conclusion was that I had a case of Sciatica - and the GP gave a prescription for anti-inflammatory pills. The pills are called Dicloflex made by Almus pharmaceutical. Apparently they are supposed to reduced the swelling near the sciatic nerve? They didn't actually explain to me what they were - I thought they were stronger pain killers. There is some side effects, you won't be constipated with these things.

However ultimately taking these Dicloflex anti-inflammatory pills in combination with pain killers didn't make any difference to my condition.

No comments: