Saturday 17 May 2008

3rd visit to Physio

Starting to feel progress, but pain is still there as both chronic and acute. However certainly now not walking with a limp, so we are getting there.

Again all of my movement is checked. I had tended to work my right side harder than the left because that's where the problem is, but he advised me to try and work both sides similarly. So I tended to bend over to touch one leg at a time - as doing both at the same time was somehow more painful. Now originally I couldn't touch past my knees, but now I was reaching between my knees and ankles now.

We now started to work on my hip muscles. So lying on a bench, and keeping my shoulders flat (needed to be held down) - stretch my right leg over my left knee and vice versa. This demonstrated just how tight my side muscles and hip flexibility. We checked again hamstrings and these were not much better.

Lying on my front, then tried to lift up whilst keep hips on flat on the bench. Again not a lot of flexibility there.

Clearly a lot more work to do in many more areas than I had first realised.

No comments: