Tuesday 3 June 2008

Visit to the Hospital

My GP had recommended that I see the Hospital doctor - but I had heard nothing until just a few days ago. Apparently there is a rule that the Hospital has to see you within 12weeks? and just by coincidence..the 12 weeks was coming up and I get a few days notice to visit the hospital.

However, it's an evening clinic which is a massive help. With all of the improvement I wondered if I should go - however still wanted to find out what the problem is - even if the symptoms had improved.

So day I had the appointment with the consultant. Usual routine, go through the history - short examination. No more or less than was done by the GP.

Ended with his comment that he thought it was a disc issue??? and maybe a trapped nerve??? well actually don't know what it is.. so best is to have an MRI scan.

However MRI scan has a 6 week waiting list. So now we have gone through the system, GP to hospital 12 weeks.. 6 weeks for MRI and it's 18weeks.. now lucky for me the physio has helped to massively reduce the symptoms and get me back on my feet again.

I am now really intrigued what this MRI is and what it can show.

Strangely the consultant never mentioned that the cause could be a possible muscle problem or piriformis syndrome.. I just wonder if it is totally discounted by a lot of the older medics.

Anyway, I will continue with the advice from the physio as this seems to have worked the best so far.

No comments: