Friday 27 June 2008

MRI Scan Booked and 24hrs in a Plane

Just got back from a trip to New Zealand and Australia. Some of the travelling was simply enourmous - I don't want to count the hrs spent in airports and on the planes. On the way back, we were stuck an additional 7 hrs as bad weather prevented a re-fueling stop in Hong Kong and we ended up in Manila. So, how did the back manage? Remarkably well. I have to be honest there was the occasional twinge and bit of stiffness - but nothing really bad. I tried to do a bit of stretching whenever I was stuck in an airport terminal waiting area before boarding.

So the treatment of stretching seems to be holding even in adverse conditions. The only disappointing thing is that I have not done any serious exercise now for almost 3 weeks.

I did read a very interesting book about maths and medical diagnosis - which I will post about in a day or two.

Whilst I was away, Alliance Medical called. I had to call them back as they would only speak to me. I now have the MRI booked for tomorrow at a portal MRI unit.

Lets see what further information this brings.

No comments: