Sunday 18 January 2009

Lower back under control.. what about upper/neck?

So for the past few months, the lower back and legs have been getting gradually better, the flexibility work is never done.. but I think the challenge of trying to get more flexible had some good benefits. I do think driving is one of the triggers for making things worse.. I always feel that if I have 2 or 3 day break from driving, that this helps. This last week I have been on a course at a hotel and didn't need to drive.. had a swim and so on.

However, despite all of this great progress.. I have started to get upper back, neck pains. If I tilt my head backwards.. I feel a pain in my shoulder blades area.. Now I am not sure if this is something that is muscular or nerve pain? (or is that the same thing anyway). Actually worse in the mornings (as the sciatica always was).. and it's as if I have been sleeping on a particularly hard bed or something. Not that I have, bed is the same one for a few years now. (the only time that happened when I had a silly hard bed, was when I was stuck in a Japanese hotel for 2 months and the bed was like something from a dolls house)

The only other thing I have been doing is playing a on the childrens Nintendo Wii.. the boxing is fun and a good arm workout.. and wrestling with my teenager who wants to play at being some kind of WWE character.. I am still wining that contest at the moment, but give it a few years.

I really don't want to go back to the medical people.. but I am starting to get the feeling that all these aches and pains is really just life catching up on me!!..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read about Tension Myositis Syndrome-Dr. John Sarno. Google it. If your pains are shifting all over the place, you need to read this. Also, I've had the same kinds of sciatic-back stuff as you. Yes, very dreary. Besides Sarno-try doing the trigger point stuff-especially with the tennis ball. Very helpful and releasing.

choco said...

I have not heard of that syndrome, thanks for the tip, I am searching now ! :)