Friday 8 August 2008

Enjoying Holiday

Spending a few days in Finland - and despite plenty of time sitting around on planes,trains and automobiles.. the back and leg held up OK.. but as always, the situations mean you forget about stretching etc.

Watching some professional players of baseball warm up the other night, and was amazed at the amount of leg stretching they did before starting, using some rubber bands to pull against. Then seeing all of my older relatives being still able to easily touch their toes.. a bit frustrating I still can't do it. Progress is just above the ankles.

Today I was encouraged to try at climbing wall, and not just a vertical one - it had an overhang. Being above 80kg and not doing any work on my strength I thought this would last a matter of seconds. I was surprised how far I managed and how far up I got. Again incredible that I was able to move my legs and body to do this - when less than 6months ago I wasn't walking.

Next week is the MRI result.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your symptoms sounds exactly like mine too (but yours is a bit worse), im 29 and have been having this pain in my legs as a whole for 2 years now, sometimes better sometime worse.

Driving in a car is bad, my car is very bad as it’s a Lotus Elise, very low seating position and brings the pain of more than cars with higher/softer seats.

Sitting on a hard chair is really bad after 15 minutes.

Even sitting in bed upright with a pillow on my lap and a laptop on the pillow, trying to work away the pain is just bad so im unable to concentrate.

I've just started going to a Chrio who seems knowledgeable and is giving me lots of stretches just like your explaining to do also.

I look forwards to seeing how your condition continues, please keep us updated.

Cheers

choco said...

Hi - thank you for your comments.

I have never had a ride in an Elise, the only similar car I have tried is a VX220 and that was quite a procedure to get into - but a really fun car :)

My S2000 sits in the garage for one year as I have lost interest in it, it once was my daily driver car but that was a few years ago now.

The seats are very variable in how they impact your body. I have a Galaxy as a replacement whilst my other car is being mended - but this also brings back the pain back very quickly. I thought it was just bad luck with the mondeo seat.

Hope your stretching program starts to work well. The main problem is to remember to do it regularly enough.